Epipen anaphylaxis is the most common and effective medicine for anaphylaxis. Epipen anaphylaxis includes in emergency treatment for anaphylaxis. Epipen anaphylaxis consist of epinephrine. This epinephrine reduce low blood pressure, shallow respiration, severe skin itching, hives, and other symptoms of anaphylaxis.
Epipen is a handy medicine that can bring it everywhere like asthma inhalation. Epipen is an auto injector medicine that can be used by everyone. Epipen anaphylaxis is recommended for a person with a history of shock anaphylaxis.
What is Anaphylaxis?
Have you ever heard of anaphylaxis? Shock anaphylaxis? So anaphylaxis is a type of allergy that can threaten life. This severe allergic reaction occurs very quickly. Only a couple of minutes of allergen exposure, the allergy could be deathly.
Anaphylaxis shock can be caused by many things — we called here allergen. It is triggered by food (peanuts, shrimp, or shellfish, for example), insect bite or sting (like bee), medication (antibiotic such as penicillin), latex (the type of rubber in many balloons or gloves), or a variety allergic triggers.
In conclusion, anaphylaxis is a name of allergic reaction toward allergens such as bees sting, shrimps, peanuts, or variety allergic triggers.
Anaphylaxis reaction occurs when there is IgE toward certain allergen. The allergen come inside the body through skin, mouth, respiration, and foods. The allergen exposure in plasma cells causes specific IgE formation. This IgE will bind with other immune cells such as mastocyte and basofil.
Next exposure, allergen will bind IgE and rise antigen-antibody reaction. Then it releases mediator like histamine. Antigen-antibody binding triggers Slow Reacting Substance of Anaphylaxis (SRS-A) and arachinoid acid degradation inside the cells. It produces leukotrine and prostaglandin. This reaction will get become optimal for only 15 minutes.
Histamine effect, Leukotrine (SRS-A), and prostaglandin in blood vessels or lung will make allergic signs and symptoms.
Anaphylaxis Signs and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis can vary, not everyone has same sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis. But the most common sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis are like hives, itching, flushing and swelling of the lips or other body part; tongue or roof of the mouth.
The most affected organ is lung, especially in airway (trachea, bronchea). The exposure of allergen causes sore throat, tightness of the throat, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing like asthma.
These symptoms can be accompanied by chest pain, low blood pressure, sneezing, cough, dizziness, and headaches.
These signs and symptoms are life-threatening. They are a serious stuff, you have to avoid all of you known allergen(s). It would be better if you avoid it as an anaphylaxis prevention.
I summarize that the anaphylaxis signs and symptoms as follows;
- Cardiac arrythmia — the heart rhythm is disturbed, it feels like your heart skips a bit because of the allergen reached heart organ.
- Hypotension — low blood pressure
- Shock hypovolemic — the blood in blood vessels is inadequate. The blood volume is out of the blood vessels because of the high blood vessels permeability in allergic reaction.
- Angioedema — the blood vessels looked redness and swollen
- Urticaria — skin redness and swollen
- Dyspnea — the condition where the respiration is disturbed such as like in asthma.
- Sore throat
- Nose mucus congestion
- Shallow respiration
- Stridor — snoring like sound
- Sudden sneezing attack
- Diarrhea — if the allergen exposure come inside the gastrointestinal system.
- Abdominal cramp
- Anxiety — it may be caused by low oxygen level in blood vessels.
- General weakness
Avoid Allergen and be prepared
Yes, you cannot avoid all of you allergen. That’s why you need to talk to your doctors about what your allergens are. Be prepared of it and you have to know the sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis.
Knowing your first treatment of anaphylaxis is important for you. Ask your doctors if Epipen anaphylaxis can be prescribed as prevention.
When you recognize sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis, you can be prepared with Epipen anaphylaxis first treatment to treat them.
RELATED Anaphylaxis Alert Bracelet
Acting Fast is Important
If you, your child, or someone you love show signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis, give them Epipen anaphylaxis treatment immediately as prescribed. And do not forget to call ambulance or medical care nearby.
It is important because all of conventional treatment does not treat anaphylaxis, for instance antihistamine is not recommended as first — line treatment for anaphylaxis. Antihistamine administration could increase the fluid accumulation in airway. So antihistamine worsen the shallow respiration.
Antihistamines medication are commonly used for treating hives or other skin symptoms. It is quite different because it cannot treat the life-threatening symptoms of anaphylaxis.
The most important treatment for anaphylaxis is epipen anaphylaxis (epinephrine). According to National Food Allergy Guidelines, epinephrine is the first — line treatment for severe allergic reaction like anaphylaxis. Do not delay epipen anaphylaxis!
Epipen Anaphylaxis Indications
Epipen or EpiPen is auto injectors that consist of epinephrine hormone for life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). Epipen anaphylaxis is only for immediate administration as emergency supportive therapy only. If epipen does not work and reduce the allergic reaction, seek emergency medical help immediately.
- Use Epipen anaphylaxis (epinephrine injection) 0,3 mg only, or Epipen Jr with 0,15 doses for children. Use them right when you have a severe allergy (anaphylaxis).
- Get help or call the ambulance. You may need further medical attention
- Do not use epipen anaphylaxis for more than one injection. If you need more than two injections for a single anaphylaxis episode, you need health care professional in giving epipen anaphylaxis.
- The epipen anaphylaxis administration should be in the middle of your outer thigh (upper leg). If you wear pants, you may inject it through clothing if necessary.
- Do not inject epipen anaphylaxis into your vein, buttocks, fingers, toes, or hands. Epipen anaphylaxis should only be injected in your upper leg.
- It is important to hold you thigh during injection to prevent injuries.
- If you inject epipen anaphylaxis accidentally, please seek medical treatment immediately.
- Call the health care professionals if you have any of the following at an injection site; redness that does not go away, tenderness, severe swelling, or the injection site feels warm to the touch.
- If you have certain medical condition such as asthma, history depression, thyroid problems, Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, and other medical conditions, be sure you have contacted your health care professionals, include your medicine you take, especially medicines for asthma.
- You may get worse condition or you may have longer lasting side effects of epipen anaphylaxis if you have certain medical conditions above.
Epipen Anaphylaxis Side Effects
Common side effect of epipen anaphylaxis medication are:
- Fast, irregular heart beat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Breathing problems
- Anxiety or nervousness
All the epipen anaphylaxis side effect above do not go away quickly if you lie down and rest. You must tell this conditions to your health care professionals immediately.
Anaphylaxis is Unpredictable
Anaphylaxis is a condition with inconsistent and unpredictable condition. It is important to you to talk to your health care professional about your risk of severe allergic reaction.
Because anaphylaxis is unpredictable condition, it is crucial for you to be aware of it. Avoid known allergens is the best prevention for anaphylaxis. Do everything possible to avoid your allergen. You can do these preventions as follows;
- Make sure you have already known your allergen, if you don’t, ask your doctors to do allergy test.
- Do tuberculin test (skin test) before you take antibiotic.
- If you are eating out or traveling, inform the restaurant about your allergen and ask their food allergy policy. Reading Recommendation Foods That Cause Anaphylaxis Can be Vary, Avoid it and Still Safe
- If you do not get enough information about how to identify the sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis, talk to your health care professional. Reading recommendation ; Online Anaphylaxis Training? Is That Really Necessary?
- Always keep your epipen anaphylaxis medication in your hand, and bring it everywhere as a prevention, especially for you with anaphylaxis history.